Everything About Hair Transplants
Losing hair with age is very normal, but what if you start losing hair way before you should. This is when a miracle is known as hair I was getting embarrassment from this when transplant surgery came in and this is all that I needed to bring back my confidence in myself.
After consulting the doctor all that I learned was that hair treatment is a surgical process in which the hair follicles from one part of the body known as donor site is taken and are placed at the balding site of the body known as the recipient site.
Doctors also stated that hair treatment can be of two types. One is slit graft and other is the micrograft. In the former one, the doctors plant 2 to 10 hairs per graft and in the later one 1 or 2 hairs per graft and planted according to the coverage needed. This was when I decided which one should be beneficial for me.
Everyone needs a consultation before any kind of surgery and one of them that I was given was who needs a transplant. What doctors said was pretty simple. Men with pattern baldness, women with thinning hairs, and anyone who has lost hairs due to burn or scalp injury should definitely try out the miracle of hair treatment.
But with everything come its pros and cons. But women with a widespread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp, people with limited amount of donor site, people who tend to form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) after every surgery, and people with hair loss due to medication should stay away from this surgery.
I was scared that hair treatment is a complicated procedure but the doctors told me it is not. The procedure is very simple and involves some of the very basic steps. Here are the steps:
- First of all the hair follicles from the back of the head are removed and are transplanted to the balding areas at the front portion of the head.
- Before the starting of the surgery, the hair at the donor area gets trimmed.
- After the trimming, the donor area is given the local anesthesia.
- Tissues in the donor area that are bald resistant are identified, then removed surgically and finally the donor area is sutured.
- The sutured donor area of the patient is then combed so that no one can see it. These sutures are removed almost ten days after the hair treatment surgery.
- After the local anesthesia is given to the patient, the recipient area is then prepared for the transplant process. This area does not require any trimming or removal of the hair.
- Incisions in the recipient area are made in an irregular way follicular unit grafts are then placed in them.
- Smaller grafts are placed in the front of the hairline and denser grafts are then placed behind.
- These incisions would be visible in the operated area just after the transplant.
- After a few weeks of the surgery, the incisions heal and the red marks also disappear naturally and it all looks very natural.
As impressive this surgery is, there are also some facts that I got to know about this surgery are:
- After the surgery hairs start to grow between 2-4 weeks of transplant.
- The local anesthesia makes this procedure painless and hence patient can be discharged the same day.
- It is not a nonsurgical hair restoration in which pre-chosen base is fixed on a scalp.
- It does not mean that you will have wavy hairs as the result varies from person to person and depends on their natural hairs.
- It is not a solution to every problem and every case is different.
- A number of grafts increase the cost.
Now since you have got a solution for your baldness, get ready to experience the whole new experience of amazing hairs and get rid of the embarrassment. I experienced such an amazing transformation in me and I am totally happy with it.